Riverdance Dublin International Summer School
Monday 1st August 2020 - Saturday 6th August 2022
Monday 8th August – Saturday 13th August 2022
Residential & Dining Package
Six Nights (Sunday to Friday) Bed and Breakfast Accommodation
The Riverdance Dublin Summer School will take place in early August with each weekly school comprising of 6 days of activity from Monday to Saturday inclusive.
For the 6 days of the school the dancers will be immersed in Riverdance in it’s hometown of Dublin and they will take part fully in an exciting schedule of classes and activities. They will:
- Learn the iconic Riverdance choreography from the show, taught by the Riverdance professional dancers.
- Train in all aspects of being a professional dancer from nutrition to fitness and general personal management so as to be prepared for a working life as a performer. Learning from the best dance professionals in the world to understand what it takes to become the best.
- Attend talks from experts in the fields of dance and fitness to learn about strength and conditioning, nutrition, sports psychology and fitness. While most of each day will be spent dancing, there will also be field trips and evening activities.
- Attend a performance of Riverdance at the Gaiety Theatre, Dublin and watch the cast at pre-show rehearsals and rotations.
- Gain insight into how to choreograph new dance numbers and what it takes to put a live performance on stage. On completion of the school students will have gained a wealth of knowledge about the industry.
- Take part in a fully staged rehearsed performance of extracts from Riverdance featuring all the students. This finale performance takes place on the Riverdance set on the Gaiety Theatre Stage in front of an audience of family and friends.
The Riverdance Juniors Program runs alongside the Summer School. The program consists of three days of dancing and fun running for five and half hours each day. The dancers will be taught the Riverdance choreography, simplified to accommodate all standards of dance. Our aim is to inspire, encourage and motivate the young dancers through a fun and enjoyable experience. The sessions will be limited to twenty-five dancers.
- The school will become the main way in which dancers over the age of 18 will audition for our shows. We feel that by auditioning over the course of a week the dancers are given a fair way of showcasing not only their talents but also their work ethic and personality. These are two traits that are extremely important to Riverdance.
- Each week as part of the summer school a number of dancers may be selected to perform some group numbers with the Riverdance troupe at Gaiety Theatre, Dublin. Only students over the age of 16 at the time of the school will considered for selection
- Up to sixteen dancers, aged between 12 and 17 will be selected to perform a special number at the end of the Riverdance matinee show at the Gaiety Theatre, in front of the live audience.
The goal of the school is to welcome the next generation of dancers, to educate and to ensure that all students enjoy the experience.
The scholarships will be awarded to students based on the scholarship essay or video submitted and on their dance ability.
The scholarships are awarded at the end of May once all places at the school are confirmed.
Write an essay (500 words or more) or
Record a Video piece to camera (no longer than 3 minutes)
The essay or video should be attached to your online application
Explain why you deserve to be the recipient of the scholarship. You can tell us what Irish dancing means to you or you can talk/write about who is your biggest inspiration. You can talk/write almost anything you like but remember you are applying for an Irish Dancing scholarship.