The Riverdance Summer School Boston 2019
The Riverdance Summer School will take place in July 2019 in the heart of Boston on the prestigious Boston University campus. Each weekly program is comprised of 6 days of activity from Monday to Saturday during which the dancers will be immersed in Riverdance and they will take part fully in an exciting schedule of classes and activities.
Monday July 15 – Saturday July 20, 2019
Monday July 22 – Saturday July 27, 2019
Early Bird Course Fee
Early Bird Full Course Fee (EXTENDED! Ends May 1st, 2019): $650
Full Course Fee (starting May 2nd, 2019): $699
plus registration fees
Full payment or two payment option
All students must apply for a place (no fee required to apply)
Residential & Dining Package
Plus registration fees
Details of Boston University’s Housing & Meal Packages will be sent once you have been accepted to the school.
Monday through Saturday (5 nights of accommodations) with all meals $503)
Sunday through Saturday (6 nights of accommodations) packages are also available for an additional cost)
- Learn the iconic Riverdance choreography from the show, taught by the Riverdance professional dancers.
- Train in all aspects of being a professional dancer from nutrition to fitness and general personal management so as to be prepared for a working life as a performer. Learning from the best dance professionals in the world to understand what it takes to become the best.
- Attend talks from experts in the fields of dance and fitness to learn about strength and conditioning, nutrition, sports psychology and fitness.
- Gain insight into how to choreograph new dance numbers and what it takes to put a live performance on stage. On completion of the school students will have gained a wealth of knowledge about the industry.
- Take part in a fully staged rehearsed performance of extracts from Riverdance featuring all the students. This is the finale of each week where the students can showcase their work and perform to an audience of their families and friends. This showcase will take place in the state of the art, Tsai Performance Center in Boston University.
For those dreaming of joining Riverdance, the school offers unique opportunities
The school will become the main way in which dancers over the age of 18 will audition for our shows. We feel that by auditioning over the course of a week the dancers are given a fair way of showcasing not only their talents but also their work ethic and personality. These are two traits that are extremely important to Riverdance.
The goal of the school is to welcome the next generation of dancers, to educate and to ensure that all students enjoy the experience. The scholarship covers the full cost of the course
To apply for the Scholarship:
Write an essay (500 words or more) or
Record a Video piece to camera (no longer than 3 minutes)
The essay or video should be attached to your online application
Explain why you deserve to be the recipient of the scholarship. You can tell us what Irish dancing means to you or you can talk/write about who is your biggest inspiration. You can talk/write almost anything you like but remember you are applying for an Irish Dancing scholarship.
Explore the Location
The Riverdance Summer School Boston will take place in the heart of Boston City at the Boston University Fitness and Recreational Center, 915 Commonwealth Ave, Boston MA 02215
The residential accommodation is located Boston University dorms at 1019 Commonwealth AVE