Riverdance Summer School Boston 2020 - Cancelled
Due to Boston University’s updated measures to tackle COVID 19 all university activities including the Riverdance Summer School program 2020 are cancelled. We will no longer be accepting any applications for the Boston program and anyone who has applied or paid for the Boston program will be contacted separately regarding refunds.
Cancelled - Monday July 13 – Saturday July 18, 2020
Cancelled - Monday July 20 – Saturday July 25, 2020
$650 (Early Bird)
Residential & Dining Package
Five nights accommodation and meals
- Learn the iconic Riverdance choreography from the show, taught by the Riverdance professional dancers.
- Train in all aspects of being a professional dancer from nutrition to fitness and general personal management so as to be prepared for a working life as a performer. Learning from the best dance professionals in the world to understand what it takes to become the best.
- Attend talks from experts in the fields of dance and fitness to learn about strength and conditioning, nutrition, sports psychology and fitness.
- Gain insight into how to choreograph new dance numbers and what it takes to put a live performance on stage. On completion of the school students will have gained a wealth of knowledge about the industry.
- Take part in a fully staged rehearsed performance of extracts from Riverdance featuring all the students. This is the finale of each week where the students can showcase their work and perform to an audience of their families and friends. This showcase will take place in the state of the art, Tsai Performance Center in Boston University.
The Riverdance Juniors Program runs alongside the Summer School. The program consists of three days of dancing and fun running for five and half hours each day. The dancers will be taught the Riverdance choreography, simplified to accommodate all standards of dance. Our aim is to inspire, encourage and motivate the young dancers through a fun and enjoyable experience. The sessions will be limited to twenty-five dancers.
For those dreaming of joining Riverdance, the school offers unique opportunities
The school will become the main way in which dancers over the age of 18 will audition for our shows. We feel that by auditioning over the course of a week the dancers are given a fair way of showcasing not only their talents but also their work ethic and personality. These are two traits that are extremely important to Riverdance.
The goal of the school is to welcome the next generation of dancers, to educate and to ensure that all students enjoy the experience. The scholarship covers the full cost of the course
To apply for the Scholarship:
Write an essay (500 words or more) or
Record a Video piece to camera (no longer than 3 minutes)
The essay or video should be attached to your online application
Explain why you deserve to be the recipient of the scholarship. You can tell us what Irish dancing means to you or you can talk/write about who is your biggest inspiration. You can talk/write almost anything you like but remember you are applying for an Irish Dancing scholarship.